- Where to Buy
Elevate a simple plate of fresh greens with Laura's Chenel's breaded and baked marinated goat cheese. Thyme & Rosemary Marinated Goat Cheese imparts the classic Mediterranean flavor profile but this recipe is also great with Jalapeño Chili Marinated Goat Cheese or Truffle Marinated Goat Cheese. For Jalapeño Chili Marinated Goat Cheese, substitute 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes for the dried herb blend. One of the best things about Laura Chenel Marinated Goat Cheese is the oil doubles as a dressing for the greens. Make it a meal with a loaf of crusty bread on the side.
1. In a small, shallow bowl, combine the panko, herb blend, and 1 tablespoon of the Marinated Goat Cheese oil. Working one Marinated Goat Cheese round at a time, dip both sides into the panko mixture, pressing gently on both sides and all edges to adhere the crumbs and arranging the coated rounds on a small rimmed baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least an hour or, covered, up to 2 days.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the panko is lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of Marinated Goat Cheese oil with the vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper. Add the greens, then arrange the greens on plates or a platter.
5. Arrange the baked cheese on top of the greens and serve.