Honey & Goat Cheese Ice Cream
Recipe by Laura Chenel chef Jacquelyn Buchanan, 2015. This is a delicious, light ice cream—perfect for summer but it would also be delicious with a wintry fruit compote.
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine the cream, milk and honey. Heat over medium heat until the mixture is steaming but not boiling.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the goat cheese until melted. Pour into a bowl and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for a few hours or over an ice bath until cool.
3. Churn in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a container and place in the freezer until firm.
4. It is best to remove the ice cream from the freezer a little ahead of serving as the texture will be easier for scooping.
5. Serve with grilled stone fruit or figs.